Would you like to try dying this once?
Image done by yours truly :)

Sunday, July 06, 2008

no harm meant, I'm just puzzled.


I chose to write this in my more private blog (if this blog is indeed private) because not many people actually know about this blog, save for my boyfriend, very inner circle of friends and some random people I do not really know who chance upon my blog via Google search(it's not like they can affect my life directly anyway). This thing really puzzles me, and a little venting might lead me to set facts straight and touch the issue with more critical introspective action.

This person I am concerned with has been really close to me for sometime now, and she does know a lot of things about me. She is one of my closest college buddies, and she was there to witness the highlights of my college life. She knows my parents, and my parents also know her. We also joined the same organization in school, and we even went home together. She knew about the things that transpired when my boyfriend and I were just hooking up and also during our share of tough times and happy times. She knew of my innermost secrets, and some of which I did not even dare talk about with anybody else before., i.e, she knew of my "illegal" relationship with my boyfriend back then, she was the first person closest to me that I smoked in front of, and she knew of my bulimia. As everybody now knows, my relationship with Jericho is now accepted by my parents, I already stopped smoking for a year now, and I have stopped poking my throat with a toothbrush.

Bulimia has been one of the stumbling blocks that I deal with every single day of my life. I must say that its impact on my life has been significantly reduced because of the support of people who believe that this is a real thing that I am experiencing, and I am not some random crazy ass attention-hungry girl. But admittedly, and obviously enough, this fight was never easy for me. I still encounter occasional bouts of pleasure derived from the pain caused by a rumbling stomach and the desire for otherwise tasteless food. I am starting to erase the thoughts of me being fat though there are times when I secretly still want to nag myself in my head about how huge I am. Sometimes, I still look away, want to cry and not eat anymore whenever some thin girl passes by. I torture Jericho with questions and sentences whose essence is the same: "I'm fat, no? Please tell me I am so that I can do something." It's very difficult to change a negative mindset, much so if it has been functional for the person who bears it. It's painful, not just for me, but also for the people who care about me, and we have to endure this pain every single day. The last thing I need are people bombarding me with statements and actions that make me want to regress and screw all the efforts that I have done just to win over this disorder.

Let's go back to this friend I have. I have observed that every time we had a chance to bond, a chance to talk and get back together (our busy schedules did not allow us much time to hang around with each other anymore unlike when we were freshmen), she would blatantly say to my face how fat I was getting, and how thin she was. Her statements would go in the lines of:

"Miles, ang taba mo na!"
"Mas mataba ka kesa sa kapatid mo diba? Kasing payat ko yun eh."
"Mas mataba ka kesa sakin. Ang payat payat ko eh."
"Miles, look"*while doing gestures of presenting her body to me*

Fine, I get the "fat" part, because relative to my old bulimia-stricken body, I really gained flesh...but the "how thin she was and how I'm not as thin as her" part I don't get. It's true, she really is thinner than me, but why will someone, who knows that her friend has a history of bulimia and is actually still in the process of healing herself would actually say these statements in her face? It was very difficult to dodge her first "look at me, I'm thinner than you" statement. It was like a heavy, blunt object slammed into my skull. I was half-way between telling myself that I would jam my toothbrush into my throat deeper this time and saying that it's okay, you're not fat; you're healthy and that's all that matters. I was caught between wanting to cry and smiling; taking her comment down to very pits of my heart and dodging it away. In the end, I chose not to succumb...at least not in front of her.

I bore her words until I got home. When I got to my room, I cried. I was puzzled and angry, but and at the same time, I tried to understand her. Maybe she thought that this whole thing was totally gone, and she could lambast me as a joke, just like she did before. Or her ignorance of my situation led to this behavior; she did not mean to make me feel this way. But some voice in my head says otherwise. It said that it seemed that either she didn't care, or she just wanted to screw me over. As evil as this may sound, but I am having doubts if she really is a friend for these reasons.

Whatever her reason/s are, I was hurt. She nearly blew down the defenses and rehabilitation work done in and around me. Thankfully, one of the skills I am training to perfect in Jericho-rehab now (haha) is to stop, think and then raise the finger(not in the literal sense. He's totally not a cursing coach, okay. ahaha).

But still...this whole thing---her attitude, her statements--- just stumps me.

You summoned me, yes?

You have just accessed Miles Domingo's online portal of thoughts and what-nots of three years. Bear in mind, dear reader, that the thoughts here are not yours to criticize unforgivably, but they are here simply just for your reading pleasure and understanding.
I would love to hear what you have to say, so please feel free to leave a comment by clicking the link below each post, or by simply leaving a short message in the tagboard below.
Also, please don't forget to return and read again. I would surely appreciate it.:)

This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer 6.0.

Untie the red string.

camille fajardo domingo. miles. kim. kaiserin. dyosa. chibi. baby. 18 years old. January 25,1989. Aquarian. Ateneo de Manila University, BS Biology. atenean scholar. Biologist in the making. sophomore. Block L2. [English] Block R36. GABAYano. Matanglawin--lapatan-eer. Quezon City Science High School, Batch 2006. Avo-I, Curie-II, Curie-III, Avo-IV. School of the Holy Spirit, Batch 2002. debater. vice president--Quesci debate society. MCDO(Mga Cute Debating Originals) member. book lover. orange. black. red. stars. caffeine addict in rehabilitation. Lacto-ovo pescestarian by choice. net-aholic. serial procrastinator. workaholic [na tamad. how ironic, isn't it?].

Summon me again.

email: miles.domingo@gmail.com
friendster: miles_dyosa@yahoo.com [add me up!]
Ym: miles_dyosa
Home phone: 9*7**9*
Cel number: 091*7*5**91

Make restitution to me.



Recent requests

I may be out of its walls now, but silence is real...
an entry on my second mug of green tea
I wonder if you're aware how fucked up things are ...
On Dream Boys, Polygamy, May-December Affair Syndr...
Dear sunshine
Destroying Our Heritage Via The Internet
pop my tummy
and so we improve ourselves day by day
ERICA JOYCE JIMENEZ REYES
In your face, mommeh.


Dug graves

December 2004
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008



Ferry yourselves out.

Scientians
ace + adam.geraLd + anna cee. + ate anna + ate karen b.(atenista din to) + ate vani
+ benzon fafaboLs + bricci + chacha.cynthia + claudio + daven + desa + dina + gab psychOtie + gab sycophite + g_b + gelynne + geraLd + grace + hazeL v. + hazeL v.2 + ina + ivy sheryL + jamayca + jamie evon + jamiee + janica + hihirit pa si irbeng + jenny + jude + justin + kim.gonzales + kassandra + Loraine + meLa + phimie + pikseLot + raphael + tetet + tetet uLit + toki + vaLen + ziella +

Ateneans
ate ekai + ate maral + ate marian kambal + ate tina + ate tina muli + ate tina: the career woman :) + cara + haizell + josh + kuya kalil + kuya maki + kuya randy + kuya randy.2 + leo + sir ron cruz + sir yol jamendang +

Life and the times of people I dunno
Taga-Makati + Inday +


The eternal twilight

The Kaiserin's Multiply Site + Miles' Deviant art site + Miles and Jericho's blog + People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals + The Blue Eagle's Aerie + The Ateneo Debate Society + The Guidon + The Guidon: Alt+G + Ang Matanglawin + Aisis Sucks(?) + Bulatlat + CNN + Scientian forums +


Exacting your revenge

[Layout by Che]
[Main Codes by Dark Angel]
[Image by Miles]
[ Skin from Blogskins]
[ Photo hosting by Photobucket]
[ Tagboard by Cbox]
[ Comments and Trackbacks by Haloscan]
[ Blog Powered by Blogger]


Free 

Web Counter
thanks guys..

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines
Pinoy-Blogs.com

Personal Blogs Blog Directory
The Overridden Queen at Blogged