Would you like to try dying this once?
Image done by yours truly :)

Monday, November 27, 2006

lacking


Why did God create each day with 24 hours?
Not that I'm complaining or anything...I'm just asking.

Scientifically, you can explain why this is occurring, (the rotation of the earth etc..etc. ) but science has never explained the purpose of this design.

Sure, they can say that the 'purpose' of this order is that it certainly fits the sleeping and eating patterns of different species of flora and fauna. This is the most ideal number of hours for the whole earth and every inhabitant of it to do what they do---their biological and metabolic activities. But does this reasoning really provide the answer for the question of the purpose of the 24-hour order? Isn't it the animals and plants who are actually conforming to the 24 hours, and not the other way around? They evolved their own respective eating habits and Circadian rythyms according to the fixed number of days that were there even before the simplest form of life ever appeared on earth.

So what then, is the purpose of the 24-hour order?

When I was in high school, I realized that 24 hours was never enough for me.
I always find myself wishing that there were more than 24 hours in a day.
I want to do a lot of things, but it seems that I can only do a portion in one day.
Sometimes, I even wish not to feel sleepy at all for I see sleep being a waste of time. In 6 hours of sleep, I can read 5 Edgar Allan Poe short stories (fully digested, not just taken at face value) and even read tons of news articles here in the internet. You may see that argument a bit twisted, but you have to understand that it is in fact the driving force behind my mild case of insomnia. (An excess thought: Recently I found that my usual resistance to sleep is being dissolved little by little these past few days. I considered this as a problem, so I asked my friend about it. She said to me: "So you sleep now? Easily? Miles, HAPPY PEOPLE sleep a lot easier and better. So that drives me to ask, WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY NOWADAYS?" Now, where did that come from?).

My mother had a different view, though. She said that 24 hours are enough...there's just something wrong with the way I handle it. She may have a point...for when I did an analysis on my daily habits and I found out that considerably biologically trivial things take up most of my time as compared to the ones considered biologically essential. Take my internet usage time for example. I spend an average of 4 hours online on school nights, and 6 hours on weekends and 8-12 hours on vacations. The time I spend on eating is roughly a fourth of my internet usage hours on weekdays. The only exception I can make out of this system is my bath and dressing-up time--it takes about an hour of my mornings. I spend 15-20 minutes taking a bath and the rest is for dressing-up.

Bad time allocation and judgement, you say? Yeah, I heard that from my mother too.

So I thought, hey, so maybe there's nothing wrong the 24-hour order. Maybe there's something wrong with me.
So I tried to systematize my time usage. Countless times. It became a habit, and I was able to cut down the time I spend on [biologically] trivial activities that I do.
I still carry the habit with me, but it hasn't changed a thing. Because of the number of things I want to squeeze in a day, I still see 24 hours as lacking.

I always hear people talk about time management. But that isn't my problem. The LACK of time to manage is my problem.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer the question I posed earlier---the purpose of the 24-hour order...and I feel I won't be able to answer it as long as I live, at least in this lifetime.

For now, I think I'll be dealing with this problem by further cutting down the time I spend on certain activities (yes, the triviality of some activities still escape me) and maybe still continue to miss a lot of sleep to accomodate the things I want to do.

When judgement day comes, I'll ask God His purpose of creating the days with 24 hours.
I know I'll get the answer from Him. But ironically, when that day comes, I have no more use of time at all.

Tsk. Pity.

~~~~
Motivation behind this entry: BITTER AKO KASI KASABAY PALA NG DIK SNACKOUT UNG DEBUT NG CHURCHMATE KO!

Oh, oras...tignan mo kung gaano mo ako pinahihirapan!

huhu...

You summoned me, yes?

You have just accessed Miles Domingo's online portal of thoughts and what-nots of three years. Bear in mind, dear reader, that the thoughts here are not yours to criticize unforgivably, but they are here simply just for your reading pleasure and understanding.
I would love to hear what you have to say, so please feel free to leave a comment by clicking the link below each post, or by simply leaving a short message in the tagboard below.
Also, please don't forget to return and read again. I would surely appreciate it.:)

This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer 6.0.

Untie the red string.

camille fajardo domingo. miles. kim. kaiserin. dyosa. chibi. baby. 18 years old. January 25,1989. Aquarian. Ateneo de Manila University, BS Biology. atenean scholar. Biologist in the making. sophomore. Block L2. [English] Block R36. GABAYano. Matanglawin--lapatan-eer. Quezon City Science High School, Batch 2006. Avo-I, Curie-II, Curie-III, Avo-IV. School of the Holy Spirit, Batch 2002. debater. vice president--Quesci debate society. MCDO(Mga Cute Debating Originals) member. book lover. orange. black. red. stars. caffeine addict in rehabilitation. Lacto-ovo pescestarian by choice. net-aholic. serial procrastinator. workaholic [na tamad. how ironic, isn't it?].

Summon me again.

email: miles.domingo@gmail.com
friendster: miles_dyosa@yahoo.com [add me up!]
Ym: miles_dyosa
Home phone: 9*7**9*
Cel number: 091*7*5**91

Make restitution to me.



Recent requests

First area day
lateness!
My christmas wishlist
November cheers
what am I to you?
at long last!
it's all over and done...but not quite
worry
hell week
september 24th


Dug graves

December 2004
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008



Ferry yourselves out.

Scientians
ace + adam.geraLd + anna cee. + ate anna + ate karen b.(atenista din to) + ate vani
+ benzon fafaboLs + bricci + chacha.cynthia + claudio + daven + desa + dina + gab psychOtie + gab sycophite + g_b + gelynne + geraLd + grace + hazeL v. + hazeL v.2 + ina + ivy sheryL + jamayca + jamie evon + jamiee + janica + hihirit pa si irbeng + jenny + jude + justin + kim.gonzales + kassandra + Loraine + meLa + phimie + pikseLot + raphael + tetet + tetet uLit + toki + vaLen + ziella +

Ateneans
ate ekai + ate maral + ate marian kambal + ate tina + ate tina muli + ate tina: the career woman :) + cara + haizell + josh + kuya kalil + kuya maki + kuya randy + kuya randy.2 + leo + sir ron cruz + sir yol jamendang +

Life and the times of people I dunno
Taga-Makati + Inday +


The eternal twilight

The Kaiserin's Multiply Site + Miles' Deviant art site + Miles and Jericho's blog + People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals + The Blue Eagle's Aerie + The Ateneo Debate Society + The Guidon + The Guidon: Alt+G + Ang Matanglawin + Aisis Sucks(?) + Bulatlat + CNN + Scientian forums +


Exacting your revenge

[Layout by Che]
[Main Codes by Dark Angel]
[Image by Miles]
[ Skin from Blogskins]
[ Photo hosting by Photobucket]
[ Tagboard by Cbox]
[ Comments and Trackbacks by Haloscan]
[ Blog Powered by Blogger]


Free 

Web Counter
thanks guys..

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines
Pinoy-Blogs.com

Personal Blogs Blog Directory
The Overridden Queen at Blogged