Would you like to try dying this once?
Image done by yours truly :)

Monday, May 21, 2007

To the girl I know I will meet someday


This morning, when I entered in my Fil 14 classroom at CTC 301, I flinched. It was an inferno. I was already sweaty and hot from walking from Berchmans and climbing four flights of stairs, and this classroom never really offered me comfort and rest from the blistering heat of the season. I noticed that our professor, Mr. Devilles, was quite early, as he always entered the room at exactly 9 in the morning. He was wearing a black polo and was wearing a weary expression on his face. I didn't really mind, since I thought that he may be also pissed off with the heat, or maybe he was thinking of how bad it was choosing to wear a black polo on this kind of weather. I went to my seat and immediately took out my fan and started to wave it vigorously in front of my face. The cool air did nothing to ease the heat that was hanging onto my skin like a film. I felt the sweat trickle down by back and my chest, and it was the most irritable feeling in the world. I cursed under my breath. Then, the second bell rang.

Mr. Devilles asked us to bring out a half sheet of paper for our daily quiz (I know you also do this in your Fil 12 class too). After we passed our papers, he said that he would announce something very important. A student of his just died last Saturday of Dengue fever.

It was you.

Mr. Devilles then proceeded to read an essay he wrote about you---how he knew you as a responsible beadle in your Fil 12 class and how they never really thanked you for all your efforts and sacrifices.

As Mr. Devilles was reading his essay, I tried to paint a picture of you in my mind. I tried to imagine what you looked like---how tall you were, what the color of your skin was and how your eyes looked like, which I then knew were chinky, according to Mr. Devilles' description. I can't help but think that maybe I even met you here in school. It could be that I have seen you in the lib, or maybe I was in line with you buying lunch in the caf. Maybe I have seen you in one of the photocopying stations here in school, or perhaps I have been in the ladies' room with you. I imagined that you were beautiful and graceful. But now you're gone, and I will never ever know if I really met you or not.

Then I felt my eyes sting. If it was because of the draft that was coming from the open windows, I can't be certain, but all I knew was I felt a deep pang of emptiness in my chest. I inhaled, and it was painful. Ellie, it felt like the air was hollowing me out, like it was emptying me of pulp like a pumpkin being carved for halloween. I closed my eyes and bit my lip. I tried to scream in my head, but I could hear were incoherent and indecipherable echoes. I shuddered and I realized that it was always the sensation when I wanted to cry. I closed my eyes and held the tears back.

Forgive me, Ellie...but the truth is I wanted to cry not because of your death. I felt this emptiness not because I knew of the implications that your departure may have on your parents, siblings, friends and acquaintances. No.

We were all taught that we shouldn't mourn and cry for the dead, because naturally dying is such a sweet thing, for it frees you from the clutches of the world---from all its goodness and evils, from all its beauty and ugliness. You know what, Ellie, I wanted to cry because I envy you. I envy you because you are now freed from this earth, from your body which is corruptible. I envy you because you have been taken out of this pig sty, which others worship and regard as their heaven. I envy you because you have no more deadlines to meet, no more tests to take and no more things to frown about. You will feel no more fatigue, sickness, dirt, corruption, suppression, oppression and judgment. No more. Just rest.

I'm tired...very tired.
But I know have to live, because I don't know when or how will I be taken from here.

Ellie, I want to see you, because I want to know if I have really met you somewhere or not. So when the time comes I have to die and be finally be freed from this world that makes me suffer so, meet me.

Till then, Ellie.

You summoned me, yes?

You have just accessed Miles Domingo's online portal of thoughts and what-nots of three years. Bear in mind, dear reader, that the thoughts here are not yours to criticize unforgivably, but they are here simply just for your reading pleasure and understanding.
I would love to hear what you have to say, so please feel free to leave a comment by clicking the link below each post, or by simply leaving a short message in the tagboard below.
Also, please don't forget to return and read again. I would surely appreciate it.:)

This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer 6.0.

Untie the red string.

camille fajardo domingo. miles. kim. kaiserin. dyosa. chibi. baby. 18 years old. January 25,1989. Aquarian. Ateneo de Manila University, BS Biology. atenean scholar. Biologist in the making. sophomore. Block L2. [English] Block R36. GABAYano. Matanglawin--lapatan-eer. Quezon City Science High School, Batch 2006. Avo-I, Curie-II, Curie-III, Avo-IV. School of the Holy Spirit, Batch 2002. debater. vice president--Quesci debate society. MCDO(Mga Cute Debating Originals) member. book lover. orange. black. red. stars. caffeine addict in rehabilitation. Lacto-ovo pescestarian by choice. net-aholic. serial procrastinator. workaholic [na tamad. how ironic, isn't it?].

Summon me again.

email: miles.domingo@gmail.com
friendster: miles_dyosa@yahoo.com [add me up!]
Ym: miles_dyosa
Home phone: 9*7**9*
Cel number: 091*7*5**91

Make restitution to me.



Recent requests

From Gerald's blog. You scored as Education/Counse...
Alay sa mga nag-aaral ng Calculus
STATUS: nalulusaw dahil nasasabik sa tamis
gusto kong tumili pero di ko magawa
isang liham
math long test
dapat nasa bahay na ako...pero...
she cleanses away thy bitterness
excess of fluids
where the boat takes me nowadays


Dug graves

December 2004
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008



Ferry yourselves out.

Scientians
ace + adam.geraLd + anna cee. + ate anna + ate karen b.(atenista din to) + ate vani
+ benzon fafaboLs + bricci + chacha.cynthia + claudio + daven + desa + dina + gab psychOtie + gab sycophite + g_b + gelynne + geraLd + grace + hazeL v. + hazeL v.2 + ina + ivy sheryL + jamayca + jamie evon + jamiee + janica + hihirit pa si irbeng + jenny + jude + justin + kim.gonzales + kassandra + Loraine + meLa + phimie + pikseLot + raphael + tetet + tetet uLit + toki + vaLen + ziella +

Ateneans
ate ekai + ate maral + ate marian kambal + ate tina + ate tina muli + ate tina: the career woman :) + cara + haizell + josh + kuya kalil + kuya maki + kuya randy + kuya randy.2 + leo + sir ron cruz + sir yol jamendang +

Life and the times of people I dunno
Taga-Makati + Inday +


The eternal twilight

The Kaiserin's Multiply Site + Miles' Deviant art site + Miles and Jericho's blog + People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals + The Blue Eagle's Aerie + The Ateneo Debate Society + The Guidon + The Guidon: Alt+G + Ang Matanglawin + Aisis Sucks(?) + Bulatlat + CNN + Scientian forums +


Exacting your revenge

[Layout by Che]
[Main Codes by Dark Angel]
[Image by Miles]
[ Skin from Blogskins]
[ Photo hosting by Photobucket]
[ Tagboard by Cbox]
[ Comments and Trackbacks by Haloscan]
[ Blog Powered by Blogger]


Free 

Web Counter
thanks guys..

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines
Pinoy-Blogs.com

Personal Blogs Blog Directory
The Overridden Queen at Blogged